Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Nose Knows

EDM Challenge #65  Draw your nose, or a friend's, or a pet's.  Our toaster oven finally toasted its last a couple of days ago.  Since we also have no working oven at the moment, it's necessary that we get  a new toaster oven as soon as possible.  I took the opportunity while Shawn was researching toaster ovens online to draw his nose, and then I was having so much fun I just kept going!  I also occasionally weighed in on toaster ovens.  Truly, Shawn does not usually look this wild and intense -- I think I must have caught him while reading a particularly vitriolic review of  a poor oven.  I do find myself liking the slightly Rohan-ish look of him in this drawing.

I used a new charcoal pencil -- soft Pitt Charcoal by Faber-Castell.  It broke the first four times I tried to sharpen it and now it's a much shorter pencil than earlier this evening!  I hope it's okay now, because I enjoyed using it and I don't want it to disappear after a couple of sharpening sessions.


That's hard to read, isn't it?  Here's what it says along the side: "How could I stop after drawing the nose?  I just had to keep going.  This is Shawn, who let me draw him while he researched toaster ovens online.  Ours just gave up the ghost.  Our oven is on the fritz, too.  If the stovetop goes, we'll break down and order out!"  Up top it says: "(Doesn't he look a little like a king of Rohan here?  Pretty intense.)"

No comments:

Post a Comment