Monday, August 13, 2012

Something I Made

EDM Challenge #19  Draw something you've made.  I've knitted so many things, but I've never tried to draw any of them!  It's not easy, I've discovered.  These are the kilt hose that I am in the process of making for my husband for our seventh anniversary.  The traditional seventh anniversary gift is wool (or copper, but I prefer wool), and he wore a kilt at our wedding and I knitted my wedding dress, so I thought that the perfect seventh anniversary gift would be hand-knitted kilt hose.  Of course, it would have been more perfect if they had been finished on time....  Anyway, it's summer.  Who's thinking about wool knee socks now?

I thought charcoal might make the fuzziness of the wool come through, but I was wrong.  I also went overboard on the shading and made the lovely cream-colored yarn look like a mottled gray.  Next time I draw something knitted, I think I'll try paint.  Or colored pencils, maybe.  Oh, and the sock really was kind of twisted to the left like that towards the toe.  I could have fixed it, but instead I just drew it that way and made it look like I'd made a mistake.  Oh well!


2 comments:

  1. Your husband will love these especially because you made them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handmade gifts are the best, aren't they? I think he's really going to love them!

      Delete