Thursday, August 2, 2012

Watch

EDM Challenge #8  Draw your watch or other piece of jewelry.  I haven't worn a watch in years (I just use my cell phone, which has its limitations), but I keep meaning to get batteries in one or two watches so I at least have the option.  This is, for some reason, a thing that I can't manage to do.  It goes on my to-do list for months! Years!  I will get a battery in this watch, though, and I will do it very soon.  Maybe tomorrow.

I found the circular watch face to be very difficult to draw, and had to do lots and lots of little lines, rather than one good bold one.  This is something a drawing teacher once told me I do way too much of.  I'll do little feathery lines that make one long line, rather than just go for it.  I've gotten better, but not when I'm drawing circles!  The arm/hand in this drawing is very much an afterthought.  I didn't want to deal with all of the details.  And anyway, the hand-drawing challenge is in a couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment