Friday, August 10, 2012

Thank you, piano technicians!

EDM Challenge #16  Draw a favorite tool.  I drew several, but they are used in conjunction with each other.  I did a year-long course at the Chicago School for Piano Technology and absolutely loved it.  Wonderful school, wonderful people.  Piano technicians use tons of amazing and incredibly specialized tools, but I think my favorites are the tools used for tuning.  Watching and listening to a good tuner make a piano sing is a very calming experience.  It's like they're restoring order to the universe.

I think I enjoy drawing tools.  I like the angles and the metal, even if I don't always get it the way I want.  I didn't even know how to begin the felt (and for a while it just looked like a weird rose...kinda still does, I guess), but I think it mostly turned out looking soft and floppy and felty, which is what I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment