Sunday, August 12, 2012

The View from my Office

EDM Challenge #18  Draw the vew from a window of your house, apartment, office, etc.  Where I sit at work, I can look across the street and see this house.  It's a very nice house, and I enjoy the view.  I actually prefer the view of the garden that's right there, but I'm not at the office today and I don't have a photo of the garden from my desk, and I did have a simple drawing I did ages ago of this house.  I made a new drawing from the previous drawing, but it's missing a lot of details--the previous drawing was rather sketchy.

This was another sketch with the watercolor pencils.  I'm quite enjoying them.  I realized that my sketchpad had both cold and hot press sheets (I really don't know anything about watercolor!), so I did this one on the hot press, to see how it felt.  It was easier to do small things, so I wish I could have added more detail, but I can't trust my mind to remember things well enough to paint.  I love it when people can just draw something from memory and it looks perfect, or at least plausible.  I'd love to be able to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment