Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ginger Ale

EDM Challenge #69  Draw a beverage.  Here's another one of these recipe drawings. This ginger ale is so good. It tastes exactly the way ginger ale ought to, I think. Ginger ale is the only soda I really like, and being able to make it at home on a hot day is just fantastic.  The ingredients are ones that we tend to have on hand (and we keep a mason jar of the syrup in the fridge during the summer), so that makes it even more convenient. You could use less or more of the ginger syrup when you make the drink. Sometimes I'm in a sweet mood, but other times.... And do not leave out the lemon juice! Without it, it's just ginger syrup and sparkling water; but with lemon, it's ginger ale!

I really enjoy drawing recipes! When my husband and I got married, our wedding favor to everyone was a cookbook of our favorite recipes. I drew the cover from a photo of the two of us cooking. We've been wanting to do a "Wedding Cookbook, part II" for years. Maybe I can make an illustrated book to send out to our friends and families.


2 comments:

  1. I love this illustration I never thought to make ginger ale homemade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! I'm sorry, I never saw this comment. I'm glad you liked the illustration, and I hope you try to make the ginger ale -- it's soooo good!

      Delete