Saturday, April 6, 2013

Scary!

EDM Challenge #70  Draw what you're afraid of.  This is a brown recluse spider. Spiders are useful creatures, I know this. They keep other insect populations in check, they tend to keep to themselves, they spin incredible, beautiful webs--all good things. But still, they give me the heebie-jeebies. As I wrote on the drawing, we recently moved from Chicago to Florida, where spiders, snakes, and other creepy crawlies live year round. Now I imagine them popping out from every crevice! When I have recurring scary dreams, they tend to involve spiders or driving. Honestly, I'm much more afraid of scarier, more sobering things, but I draw for fun, mostly - so here's a spider!

This is the second drawing I've done since we've moved. I went to do a watercolor yesterday and couldn't find my brushes, so I grabbed the pens instead. It's been fun! Yesterday I did a portrait for the Julia Kay Portrait Party - someone's childhood photo. I've posted that here, too.

I do need to find those brushes, though....



2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about edm this morning glad to see someone sticking with it very creep spider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Yes, sticking with EDM very slowly! You? You do so many other interesting things on your blog!

      Delete