Saturday, April 27, 2013

My first landscape!

I haven't done any EDM Challenges for a bit, but I have been drawing and painting. Here's a little landscape I did - my first! It was a stormy sunset at the beach -- breezy and gorgeous -- and the little guy had a ball running around in the wind! I have been more interested in drawing people than scenery lately, so this is a nice combination. I do want to be better at landscapes, though. I feel like I don't know where to begin. There are so many tutorials online -- I'll start looking through those for tips, I guess, and then just start practicing.  I saw a blog yesterday where people paint scenes from Google street view. Some of the scenes they find are quite beautiful and interesting! If you're looking for a reason to do landscapes, you should try doing a painting and sending it in! I might have the guts to at some point....

No comments:

Post a Comment