Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Holidays!

EDM Challenge #46  Draw something holiday themed (Chanukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice).  When the original challenges came out, this challenge happened in December, so it would have been natural to have chosen one of the subjects they recommend.  In September, though, it felt a little odd.  I had left on a shelf a couple of wooden ornaments we had gotten for Simon for his first two Christmases (one each year at the Christkindlmarkt in downtown Chicago), so I decided to draw those as my Christmas-themed drawing.  But then I thought, you know, I work at a synagogue, and Rosh Hashanah is just a few days away.  I should really be drawing something for that holiday!  Drawing number two is apples and honey, the traditional treat symbolizing the hope for a sweet new year.

I'm much happier with drawing number two.  I would have thought that flat wooden ornaments would have been much easier than an apple and a little honey jar, but the ornaments turned out kind of bland, and I really like the apple and honey!



No comments:

Post a Comment