Thursday, September 6, 2012

Shawn and Simon

EDM Challenge #42  Draw something you are thankful for.  I am thankful for my family -- for their love, support, good humor, and sense of fun.  I've drawn my husband and son, but I'm thankful for my entire family -- I'm not sure I'm up to drawing everyone, though!

I'm so happy with how this turned out.  There are little things I don't like, of course -- the water around Shawn's head, the fact that the paper started to dissolve in one place where I got it too wet, the flatness of some of the colors -- but overall I'm really, really pleased.  It actually looks like Shawn and Simon!  This was from a photograph I took this summer when we went on a whale watch in Boothbay Harbor.  It was a beautiful day and we spent a good three hours out on the water.  No whales, unfortunately, but they did give us vouchers to come back.  Perhaps next summer.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Honestly, I enjoyed this so much, I kind of want to do a whole series of these guys together!

      Delete