Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sherlock

EDM Challenge #51  Draw your TV and favorite show playing.  I've had a very busy time at work recently and haven't been able to draw at all for the last couple of weeks -- I've missed it so much!  This was a really fun challenge to come back to.  I don't know what my favorite show is, but we've been enjoying watching the BBC Sherlock series, so I thought Benedict Cumberbatch might be an interesting person to draw.  I also drew part of my TV, but I was more interested in depicting the character in the show.  The challenge also states that I am to journal about why I like the show.  Well, I don't know much about journaling, but here's what I think. I like the Sherlock Holmes stories, so I tend to like adaptations of them, as long as they're done well.  This modernization of the story works particularly well, in my opinion -- especially the use of technology.  I think the writing is great, the acting is great, the music is very effective.  The only thing I don't like is that I've now watched all of the shows that have been made so far and I want more!

I was also very interested to do this particular challenge because I've been wanting to try my hand at more portraits.  I'd love to get better at likenesses.  I didn't quite nail it with this one, but I think the idea comes across.  If you've seen the show, I hope you recognize the character, at least by the scarf and coat!  I used charcoal because that's the only way I know how to do a portrait right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment