Thursday, September 13, 2012

Three Drawings and I'm Caught Up!

It's been a busy week!  Very long work days have meant no time to draw.  Today, though, I did three quick drawings, and now I'm caught up!  I wanted to do 50 days--50 drawings.  After that, I'll be more relaxed!

EDM #47  Draw a challenge from the past 1-46 that you didn't try before.  Challenge #26 said that I could draw anything I'd like, or a vegetable.  I drew an ocarina then, so this time I drew an eggplant.  This was shortly before I cut it up and roasted it.  Roasted eggplant is lovely!

I used pens today!  I've never done anything quite like that, and I'm not sure it entirely worked.  It was fun, though!  I think I'll check out some tutorials online that address cross-hatching.


EDM Challenge #48  Draw something that represents your new year's goal or resolution.  This photo is awful!  Here's what it is:  a messy bookshelf on the left, a neat bookshelf on the right; boxes and mess on the left, a nice corner to read in on the right.  The words in the middle are: "Having a baby, no child care, and working from home has really not helped us have an organized house.  Simon will be two soon, though, and it's time for us to get it together!"

I used a pencil, and it was so frustrating not being able to make anything dark!  Soft lead from now on.


EDM #49  Draw your refrigerator.  Our kitchen is not made for a refrigerator.  Or counters.  Or running two appliances at once.  Here's what's written on the drawing:  "This refrigerator does not fit in our kitchen.  We can't open the door all the way because of the heater closet.  you also have to squeeze past the dishwasher (bottom left) to get in there.  And it's better than the previous refrigerator!  I am grateful, however, to have working appliances in a nice apartment.  Even when the lights dim every time I boil water for tea.  Magnets: Bagpipes, a piano that plays The Entertainer when pressed, a bunch of tiny Vermeer paintings, Jack Nicholson's "Here's Johnny!" moment, and magnets from the vet and various restaurants.  And a key."

I used charcoal, then went over some lines with a charcoal pencil to get a little more detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment