Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Sign of Fall

EDM Challenge #59  Draw a sign of fall.  We were going to go apple picking, but the weather was horrible, so we wound up at Trader Joe's picking through their selection instead.  It's a shame, because I really enjoy apple picking and I think it would have been a fun family activity, but apple season is basically over now and we missed our shot.  However, Trader Joe's apples will make delicious pies, I'm sure.

I've been wanting to try some new styles and mediums, so I ordered a set of pastel chalk online.  It arrived in the mail a couple of days ago and I've been having fun experimenting.  I've found that working with white paper, even white paper that says it's good for pastels, is frustrating, so I've been trying to do things on colored paper.  This red paper was from a little book of assorted-color construction paper that I took out of the diaper bag.  There's plenty left for toddler art, don't worry!


No comments:

Post a Comment