Monday, October 8, 2012

Tempting the Highlander

EDM Challenge #57  Draw a picture frame and the picture in it.  I can't believe I drew this.  This is the silliest picture in our house, but it is a very nice frame.  Here's the story:  My mom wanted to give Shawn and me a nice frame to put one of our wedding photos in, and rather than keep the photo that comes with the frame, she replaced it with a photo she had cut out of a newspaper.  The article was about romance novels, and the photo she cut out was the cover of the novel, "Tempting the Highlander."  She thought it was particularly appropriate and hilarious because Shawn wore a kilt at our wedding and I wore a white dress, and the cover shows a man in a kilt and a woman in just enough white cloth to cover the important bits.  She thought it would just be a funny little thing that we would throw away as soon as we had our wedding photos developed.  Well, here we are seven years later, and the clipping is still in the frame!  We liked it and kept it, and then we got used to it, and now I never want to change it.  Even funnier is that this picture has apparently been something that our friends are kind of afraid to ask us about!  When I showed my drawing to a friend this evening, she said, "Oh!  I'm glad to know that story!  I've always wondered about it."  She had even asked another friend about it while we were out of the room and that friend admitted that she had also wondered but had never asked.  If anyone else who has wondered about this odd little picture is reading this blog, I hope this clears some things up!

I used colored pencils today.  Usually I find myself wishing for bolder colors when I use colored pencil, but this picture was so muted to begin with, it kind of works.


No comments:

Post a Comment