Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A very small automobile

EDM Challenge #60  Draw an automobile or a part of one.  We have a car, and I like our car, and I even think that it's a good-looking car...but I just didn't want to draw it.  This car, though, this car is adorable and I loved drawing it.  This is a little wooden Wegmans (officially there is no apostrophe) truck that my dad and stepmom got for my son last year.  You can take the top off and take the little drivers out, and there are three of those canisters for the back -- a blue and a yellow one to go with this red one -- but they're currently hanging out under the sofa with about 10 board books, 5 crayons, 3 pieces of chalk, 12 bits of other toys, a few things that will make me say, "oh, that's where that went!", and one or two complete surprises.  Last time we lifted the sofa, we found a couple of forks and a packet of lobelia seeds.  There might even be a few Cheerios under there, too.  Anyway, this is a fine little truck which holds snacks like a champ and even came with its own homemade book, full of photos of beloved people and animals.  And I think it's hilarious that it says Wegmans on it.  I nice remembrance from our time living in Ithaca, NY.

I used watercolors!  I got a small travel set (great for plein air use, if I ever get comfortable with them) and a Koi waterbrush.  I still have the same problem I had when I was a little kid, where I use way too much water and can't get any details (I marvel at beautiful, detailed watercolor paintings), but that's where waterproof pens come in very handy--instant details.


I've been remiss in updating this blog, but I have done lots of drawing during naptime.  I've been very much enjoying the Julia Kay Portrait Party group I'm in and have been improving my people-drawing techniques.  I'll post some of my portraits soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment