Saturday, October 6, 2012

Self Portraits

EDM #56  Draw a self portrait.  It's been a narcissistic few days.  I was excited to draw a self portrait because the last one I had done was years ago and it made me look like a scary Emily Dickinson.  So I started in on these self portraits and I just couldn't seem to get them right, so I kept going and did three of them!  Maybe I'm pickier with these than with portraits of other people because I know what I look like pretty well, so any little deviation is noticeable.  For whatever reason, though, I am not happy with any of these self portraits I'm posting.  I'm not posting the one that I didn't finish where I looked like Lindsay Lohan (seriously!  I have no idea how that happened).  Anyway, here are my three failed self portraits.  I'm going to keep working on it at some point, but I'm going to take a break from staring at photos of myself for a little while.

Also!  I just joined the Julia Kay Portrait Party group, so I'll be doing more portraits of other people.  I'm not sure if it's okay to post them on my blog.  I'll check that out.  I'm hoping that doing more portraits will help me get better at likenesses.  And I'm sticking with my old friend charcoal for now.  I like it.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think if I didn't know it was supposed to be me, I would look at them with a different eye and I would like them better. But all I can see is what's wrong. It's a shame. Thank you, though!

      Delete