Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Old Hat

EDM Challenge #58  Draw a hat. This hat has been in my husband's family for years, probably since he was in high school. His brother got it originally, but somehow we wound up with it. It comes out at Halloween and other similar occasions. A little while ago, I put it on my son and snapped a photo.  So when I saw the challenge to draw a hat, I thought about this photo.  It's not that the hat has any significance, the photo is just adorable.

I used oil pastels, which I've struggled with in the past.  This time I drew on a large piece of paper, thinking that I would be able to get more details than if I tried to draw on something small.  In general, I think it did work better.  I struggled with the colors, though -- they don't mix the way I expect.  Drawing the fake hair was fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment