Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pumpkin

EDM Challenge #38[1]  Draw something related to Halloween.  I make pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, but not usually at Halloween.  If you show me a pumpkin, though, I'll think of fall apple picking and Halloween before I'll think of Thanksgiving.  So I don't quite know what to make of this pumpkin pie dish--perhaps I should start using it at Halloween, too!  This was a gift from my step-mom a few years ago, and I like it very much.  It's a very pretty way to serve an otherwise unremarkable-looking pie.  There's a typo in the recipe in the next to last line -- "pasty" instead of "pastry".  I contemplated fixing it for the drawing, but decided to copy it faithfully.

I used gouache for the painting and then charcoal pencil for the recipe.  I wanted to use pen, but I still need to buy a black pen, and it wouldn't have shown up if I'd used brown.  I need to get around to an art supply store!


No comments:

Post a Comment