Monday, September 3, 2012

Toothbrushes

EDM #39  Draw your toothbrush.  Years ago we were at a new music event that had a silent auction and drawing.  You could sign up to win different prizes, and we put our names in for a Sonicare toothbrush.  It had been donated by a dentist, and she was so excited to give it to us when we won!  We both used that toothbrush for a long time (there are removable heads...we weren't sharing a toothbrush).  A couple of years ago, though, Shawn went to Tanglewood for a couple of months and I bought a cheap toothbrush to use while he was away.  I guess I got back in that habit, because I've bought several more since then.

I used watercolor pencils today.  I think gouache is much better for bright colors, but for more muted colors like these, the pencils are nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment