Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Grumpy Morning Simon

EDM Challenge #14  Draw what you see in the morning when you get up.  Simon can now wake up, open his door, toddle into our room, and say, "up!"  (Sometimes he says, "up, please!")  As I wrote on the drawing, the earlier the hour, the grumpier the boy.  This morning was 5:00 a.m.

This doesn't really look like Simon.  There are bits that I got right, but as a whole, it's another kid.  Likenesses have always been a problem for me, particularly when I try to use color, because it's a whole other element I need to pay attention to.  I have only done one other drawing of Simon in his 21 months, and it was a sleep-deprived sketching session in a dark room after he'd finally gone to sleep.  I'd like to start doing some more and try to get better at capturing him.


No comments:

Post a Comment