Saturday, August 11, 2012

Making Music

EDM Challenge #17  Draw a musical instrument.  I drew two.  One is the "Backpacker's Banjo" that my step-dad was planning on getting rid of and asked if I wanted (yes!), and the other is an African percussion instrument that I think is called a calabash rattle, or something like that.  I didn't feel like drawing a piano, a bass, or a saxophone, and I don't have my accordion with me at the moment.  And anyway, these two instruments are perfectly fun to look at and draw!

This was my first experience with watercolor pencils.  I figured them out more as I went along, I think, which is the reason I continued drawing after finishing the banjo.  I'm glad I did, because I think the rattle turned out much more painterly and more like what I enjoy about watercolor.  I look forward to learning to use these better.


I still don't know how to take a photo that's not dark.  I tried natural light, flash, camera phone, and a good regular camera, and they all turned out dark.  Do I need to invest in a flatbed scanner?

No comments:

Post a Comment