Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ocarina

EDM Challenge #26  Draw anything you'd like.  I didn't get to draw yesterday, so when I woke up this morning, I just grabbed my book, went into the living room, and drew the first thing I saw that struck my fancy.  This is an ocarina we picked up at a street market in Monterrey, Mexico, when we were there for my brother-in-law's wedding a few years ago.  I like the sound a lot, and I like how you change the notes, just by moving your hand.  As I wrote on the drawing, it really makes you want to do the Ennio Morricone "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" theme.  As a social experiment, I should hand this ocarina to people and see how long it takes for them to try it.

When I picked up the sketchpad, I also picked up the nearest drawing supplies, which happened to be an old set of Crayola colored pencils that desperately need sharpening.  I got very frustrated with not being able to do a sharp line, but the shading came pretty easily.  It was difficult to get anything to be dark, though.  I've never used high-quality colored pencils, so I have no idea how different they would feel from Crayola.


No comments:

Post a Comment