Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nana's Mixer

EDM Challenge #28  Draw an appliance.  Shawn's grandmother, Nana, was a baker.  She worked at a bakery for about forty years, and on her own time made tons of cookies and pies.  She got this mixer at some point in the 80s and with it made tens of thousands of cookies and innumerable pies.  And they were all delicious!  Now we have the mixer, and, though we do use it a lot, I think it needs to be making more cookies.

Naptime today happened in the car.  We drove down to Hyde Park and I stayed in the car so Simon could have a bit of a nap.  Not wanting to deal with paint in the car, I grabbed my charcoal pencil, smudger, and kneaded eraser.  The only drawing class I took in college had us working mostly with charcoal, and I had forgotten how much I enjoy this medium!


No comments:

Post a Comment