Friday, August 17, 2012

Indispensable Sweatshirt

EDM Challenge #22  Draw a piece of clothing.  I couldn't post yesterday.  I had to work through naptime and then bedtime went badly because Simon has a cold, so by the time he was actually asleep, I was pooped and couldn't do anything.  I had wanted to draw something everyday, and I did 21 days in a row, but yesterday was just hard.  Maybe I'll try to do two drawings today to make up for it!  Anyway, this is my indispensable red sweatshirt.  It's the perfect weight for slightly cool weather and it feels totally comfy.

This was my first experience with pens and gouache!  I've had these supplies sitting in my art supply box but had never tried them out.  I've seen so many beautiful paintings from the other people in the Everyday Matters group, that I was inspired to try them.  I see what all the fuss is about!  Painting is fun!  I didn't use the best paper (a kid's watercolor pad that doesn't seem any different from computer paper) because I didn't think my first attempt would turn out, but then I wound up liking it, so here it is, wrinkles and all.  I started with the pens (these waterproof pens I've had for ages -- I'm missing the black one, though, which I would have liked), and then filled in with the gouache in varying degrees of watery-ness.  I don't know if that's right, but I sure had a good time.  That black space is a shadow because, though I was able to take a brighter photo than usual because there was direct sunlight, it was only a little square of sunlight!


No comments:

Post a Comment