Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hopleaf Glass

EDM Challenge #25  Draw a glass (the kind you drink from).  This is one of the Hopleaf pint glasses that we've gotten over the last couple of years (it has water and lemon in it, instead of beer).  We live just a few blocks from the Hopleaf, and it is truly great -- a large beer selection and tasty, tasty Belgian food.  However, they take their "21 years and above" rule very seriously, so we can't go with our 22-month-old, even for lunch.  It's been a good thing for our wallets and waistlines, I suppose, but man, do I miss those frites.  Time to get a babysitter.

I mixed my gray too dark and spent the rest of the drawing time trying to lighten it!  I got it closer to what I wanted, but it would have been so much easier if I'd just done it right from the start.  I do like some of the highlights I was able to put in, though, particularly around the bottom of the glass, and I had fun drawing the leaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment