Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vintage Sheet Music

EDM Challenge #21  Draw something old, antique, or vintage.  My grandmother was a wonderful pianist and had a large library of sheet music, both classical and popular.  Between that library and my mom's and stepdad's mental libraries, I grew up learning songs that often baffle my husband (why does a thirty-two year old know songs like "Betty Co-Ed"?).  I love them, though.  And the covers are amazing!  Such style!

I am very happy with my "Second Hand Rose" drawing, and pretty happy with my "How 'Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm (After They've Seen Paree?)" drawing.  I had expected to have more fun with that one, but it was too small to put the detail in that I wanted to, so I had to limit the background images to a barrel of cider and a dancing girl.  So wicked!  I set it up so you could just see a bit of "Betty Co-Ed", mostly so it would have the colors (which I love) and the title.  But now that I've finished, it's a shame I didn't show the face that goes with that salmon-colored hair (which, according to the lyrics, is supposed to be golden for Princeton, to go with her red lips for Harvard and blue eyes for Yale).


No comments:

Post a Comment