Friday, August 24, 2012

Poang

EDM Challenge #30  Draw a chair.  This is the oldest, rattiest chair in my house, but also the only one I can actually say anything about.  My mom and step-dad got this chair sometime in the 80s, I believe.  It had already been worked over pretty well by several cats by the time I took it with me after college, and since then our two cats have had quite a time with it.  It's got rips and stains and there are bits of fluff and string hanging from the back where the cats really work at it, but I still really like it.  When we finally get rid of it (and I know that eventually we'll have to), I'll be rather sad to see it go.

I had such a good time with the charcoal pencil a couple of days ago that I decided to do this one in charcoal, too.  It's a beige chair with light wood, so color wouldn't really add all that much.  This is a "hard" charcoal pencil, whereas the appliance challenge was drawn with a "soft" pencil.  I'm not really sure which I prefer.  This kind of felt like a messy #2 pencil, and I think I prefer my charcoal a bit...fluffier.  But I do like the result.  My charcoal pencils also need sharpening and I have no idea how to go about that.  Any suggestions?


2 comments:

  1. Ahh the well used chair, I think its something we all have somewhere in our homes... My brother-in-law has a very old chair and that poor thing rests on two books as one of its legs are missing in action. Great sketch though!!!!

    I also looked through some of your other posts, I like the water tower, fun colours for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I thought destructive cats were the worst of my problems! I'll keep the book trick in mind...someday, perhaps. Thank you for looking through my drawings! Keeping this blog has been a lot of fun.

      Delete